Monday 27 April 2015

My Favourite Things (part two)

Well after a somewhat, very rainy, very blustery, with the odd bit of lightening, thunder and hail thrown in, jaunt to the east of our country - we have ended our holiday in Sydney and arrived back safely to our hometown...I mean City, of Perth - (after the hustle and bustle of Sydney streets, the roads in Perth feel positively desolate!)

And despite the generally awful weather we endured whilst in one of Australia's most iconic cities we also did have a few slightly sunnier days and a fabulous time.  After my brief hiatus away from my new blogging-ness, here is part two of a few of my favourite things! 

Philosophy No Reason to Hide Multi-imperfection transforming serum...(gasp for air)

I have been using this product for a couple of months and feel that I have therefore 'road-tested' it's worthiness rather thoroughly and it was time to unleash it's utter brilliance to my devoted readers.  (fake it til you make it..)

Philosophy No Reason to Hide Serum $75
Now yes, it is $75 buckaroos but please believe me when I say that it's worth it!  I put my LancĂ´me's Visonnaire Serum (which is also fabulous) on my bathroom shelf in favour of this product.  I first applied this serum one night before going to bed and woke up in the morning with my skin feeling smoother and complexion more even looking.  Over-night people!!!  It is advertised as an 'all in one' Serum, and my stars, it certainly is -  the ingredients include Philosophy's exclusive marine extract formula, botanical extracts, concentrated niacinamide (which is part of the Vitamin B group and has anti-inflammatory properties - great for inflammatory skin conditions), and active vitamin C for those dark spots; bisabolol to calm any redness and salicylic acid to reduce the appearance of enlarged, pores and even out the skins texture!  It is great..you  must buy it!

Moreish Emergence Clay Mask


Moreish Emergence Clay Mask $19.99

This is a simple Clay Mask that is bargain-licious but works as well as any of the more expensive products out there.  This is a purifying and balancing mask which is great for combination and definitely oily skin - it contains that lovely Kaolin Clay which is a very fine and light clay with natural absorbency properties; Argan and Manuka Honey.  You obviously use this product as a mask (the purpose for which it was intended) but I also use it some mornings as a cleanser if I am feeling particularly oily or greasy (as one is wont to do at certain times of the month).  Fabulous product with some very appealing packaging!

Lipstick Queen

Lipstick Queen By Poppy Medieval $27
This a very versatile lip colour and don't be fooled or scared off by the intensity of the colour - this is an ultra sheer lip stain - the colour was inspired by women in the Medieval times, when apparently they would use lemon to stimulate the lips to create colour similar to this one - so whilst there is colour, as I said it is sheer and somehow natural - like you've been eating a plum..it also got Vitamin E in it giving it very balmy texture... I love it!


 Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste

Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste $51
So whilst I am normally averse to 'physical' Exfoliators I was given this as a sample product whilst purchasing a cleanser from an Aesop Store in Sydney - and I have to say I was rather impressed.  Designed to revitalise the skin it's ingredients include Rosehip and Rosemary Leaf extracts, giving it a very soothing aroma - but it was the fine quartz particles combined with lactic acid which really piqued my interest!

So whilst the fine quartz particles did provide that physical exfoliation it was ever so gentle and I didn't at all feel it to be abrasive - and the lactic acid means that chemical exfoliation is also at work!  Afterwards my skin felt smooth and soft and it didn't dry out my skin!  The price is a little steep but you only need a very small amount so I figure the tube would actually last a reasonable amount of time!  I might have to add this one to my wish list!

So that's it.. for now - I imagine my favourite things repertoire will be an ever expanding, dynamic series as I discover yet more new wonders.

Thanks for reading!

Crystelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment