Monday 6 April 2015

Frugal Fashionista!



So, as a mother of a small human being, who I often have to cajole, bribe, and beg into a variety of toddler outfits (and might I add if it doesn't have Ana or Elsa featured prominently for all to see then it is not getting within ten feet of this little miss) it is my constant goal to master the art of dressing myself. 

I dream of leaving the house looking polished, pulled together, effortlessly trendy.  But this, my trusted readers - is a challenge.  Is it really attainable to leave the house without looking like a bag lady?  Can I be 'that girl' (okay 30 something lady) who owns more than 1 pair of flip flops for the summer and 1 pair of boots for the winter.  Is it possible to achieve said fashionista status without spending the years clothing budget on one item?

I will find out all this and more as I enter my quest to become a Frugal Fashionista!

So below are some items that I personally covet from a few of my favourite stores!  See what you think - Fashionista or Frump?


Crochet Top Target


I actually purchased this top from Target for a very reasonable $59 after being unable to find a very similar one from Topshop.  Here is the Topshop one which would have cost around $90 I think...

Cutwork Embroidered Top Topshop
Not too shabby me thinks!  I did well with my Target purchase and have received many compliments when I have worn!

I also purchased these Boyfriend style jeans from Target at the same time which I wear with the cuffs rolled up slightly...again, after my local Topshop store had sold out of their line of B/F jeans.

Target Boyfriend Jeans $59
I love these jeans - they are really comfortable and despite reviews saying the distressed areas become gaping holes after a few washes I have found this not to be the case - but I have been washing them inside out! 

I have actually worn the jeans with the crochet top with these super cheap pointy slingback flats I purchased in..wait for it...Big W!

Now for my wish list...

Boden Annabel Dress $138
I love the look of this dress and think it would look really sweet with this Denim Jacket.

Boden Amanda Jacket $81-108
Also from Boden these shoes are also high on my Boden 'must haves'.

Boden Lille Lace up Points $138
And a few other wish list items from Esprit...

City lights Stripe tshirt $49


Jacquard knit jumper $69.95

Soft frayed scarf $39

Faux fur hooded jacket $199

So, any thoughts?  Any particular shops I should be aware of for bargainlicious purchases?  What good online shopping can readers recommend?

Thanks for reading and remember, I love to hear from you!

Crystelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment