Friday 10 April 2015

Camping Essentials!


So the weather has taken a somewhat damper-can't-get-the-washing-dry-for-at-least-3-days turn for the worse!  It has rained and rained and rained.  And so we thought...hey lets go camping!



Errm...

First proper camping trip to be embarked upon with our little 3 year old ragamuffin!  And I want to be excited - I really do..but am I?

Well, we only booked our tent site for the one night and it's only about 40 minutes drive from our house, which at the time we were really patting ourselves on the back for our ingenuity..if it all goes terribly wrong we have just a short drive back home and I think we even pass a MacDonalds!  But you know what, it has very quickly become clear that the amount of 'gear' (excluding foodstuffs) one needs for one night of camping is pretty much the same amount of gear you would need for 4 nights of camping...and then it further becomes apparent that for all this 'gear' required and effort expended, one night seems hardly worth it...but...onwards and upwards - we will stick to the plan!

Camping seems the perfect time to consider what my minimalist beauty essentials kit will comprise of!  What imperatives does a lady require to maintain some modicum of glamour on wet, rainy, camping trip?


Dry Shampoo



So the forecast is for rain!  And camping very rarely entails a hot shower with access to shampoo and conditioner (in my experience..), so Dry Shampoo is a must.  This product is superb and absorbing any greasiness in between hair washes.  Great for instant results, but also I have sprayed into my hair in the evening before going to sleep and wake up with wonderful, fully of body hair!

Bobbi Brown Spf 30 BB cream


This BB cream is perfect to simply glide over the skin to even the complexion and give a great natural glow to the gal who wishes she was glamping rather than camping!  (just kidding husband)  This gives great results with minimal effort!

Waterproof mascara


I can almost hear the sound of thousands of people everywhere scoffing - 'Mascara when camping?!'...and to those antagonists I say - 'C'mon people - we're campers not heathens!'  This is a particular favourite of mine!

Stila lip gloss


Again, only a few seconds of effort and your pout will be feeling hydrated and nourished - these babies have vitamins A, C & E on board - mix that with a subtle hint of colour and the fabulous smell and you will emerge from your tent looking and feeling like Australia's next Top Model!


Face Cleansing Wipes



These are a must - I always have a stash of Simple Facial Wipes in the cabinet and these are ideal for removing makeup and just general grime when there is a lack of a sink and hot water!  I still seem to be in the habit of carrying around baby wipes which always do the trick too!

Clarins Eye Gel


I always seem to have a travel size sample of this wonderful eye gel in my makeup bag - This gel is so soothing and really helps with under eye puffiness and dark circles! And while I am persevering in being the voice of optimism there is the whisper of negative nelly telling me that I am probably not going to get a lot of sleeping done camping in the rain with a  3 year old and that this puts the chance of puffiness and dark circles at an all time high.

Loccitane hand moisturiser



What can I say...my hands get dry...and I think just the act of rubbing this delightful cream into my hands at night just before I lay my head on my pillow - deeply breathing the fabulous almond aroma - has very much become a sleep inducing ritual for me.

And that will be pretty much it on the beauty essential front for me.

And readers, to be perfectly honest - despite my somewhat raffish elbow digging at our seemingly doomed camping trip and the knowledge that our expedition into the wilderness and more importantly our level of preparedness for said adventure which is increasingly becoming somewhat akin to the Burke & Wills 'affair'...the thought of smelling the rain  as it filters through the eucalyptus trees creating an aromatic haze as it mixes with the strong earthy scent of wet soil - the thought of waking up to the iconic and instantly recognisable sound of the kookaburra as it laughs it's way into my consciousness - the thought of getting muddy - the thought of toasting marshmallows over the campfire - the thought....of, well, camping...It makes me feel rather excited!

Thanks for reading!

Crystelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment