Wednesday 8 April 2015

10 Ultimate Beauty Must Haves!



Hello to my lovely readers!  Hope that you all had a nice Easter break?

At some point in the next week I hope to finally 'crack the facebook share button on my blog' code and it would be fabulous if you do like to read my (hopefully, as I am getting into my stride) increasingly eloquent entries, that you share them with the rest of your facebook families...  There will be further begging and pleading regarding this request at a later date, but until then, I hope you like this next post.

Here is 10 of what, I believe, to be my 10 essential Beauty Bag Must Haves (at the moment..it's a very dynamic entity is my beauty kit)...so here they are...

1)  Eyelash Curlers!!

Shu uemura Eyelash Curlers $29

Personally I love the shu uemura eyelash curlers!  I find that if I do nothing else in my  beauty routine, the act of simply curling my eyelashes really 'wakens' my face up!  I instantly appear brighter and fresher.  I love my eyelash curlers!

2)  Nars Pro Prime Eye primer



Nars Pro Prime $34

Without this miraculous product I would literally be unable to wear eye-shadow!  And before I started using it, I rarely did - I was that person who within minutes of applying my eye makeup would find that it had almost instantly 'pooled' down into my creases and any kind of 'polished' look would have instantly evaporated (along with my makeup it seems).  This wonderful formula glides on super easy adding only seconds to any routine and ensures that your eye makeup will stay put for the entire day!  It provides a base for any colour to adhere to and is simply marvellous!  Thank you Nars for this one! (among many others)

3)  Nars Dual Intensity Eye shadow - Desdemona


Nars Dual Intensity Eye Shadow in Desdemona $38
This bring me to my next beauty fav at the moment and that is the Nars Dual Intensity Eye Makeup.  The great thing about this product is that for a more subtle application you use it as a dry shadow, but if you want to ramp up the intensity you mist some water over your make up brush and you have a much more intense, really high impact colour!  This colour in particular is fabulous!  I find that I can use this colour dry over my lids, well blended with a neutral tone, and then using an dampened angled brush I apply the more intense colour as an eye liner, top and bottom - then finish off with a few good coats of black mascara!  Very pretty!

4)  Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream $25
This cream has reached iconic status in the beauty world and the great thing about this product is that it has so many uses.  Cracked lips?  This will moisturise them!  Unruly eyebrows?  This will tame and gloss them!  Irritable skin post wax? This will soothe it!  This cream is great for cuticles, sunburn and dry heels... in fact, if there is any beauty concern this cream won't fix, I don't know what it is!  I always have a tube of this in my skin care kit!

5)  Stila One Step Illuminater

Stila One Step Illuminater $48
I have been using this on a daily basis at the moment!  Especially as the weather starts to become a little bleaker as winter (it's all relative) descends upon us Down Under, I think it's nice to add a bit of extra radiance to one's complexion!  I apply this as a primer, just before I apply my foundation and it makes my skin feel and look great!  Again on 'no makeup' days I just apply this and curl my eyelashes and I am done!  It feels very nourishing and is full of vitamens A, C and E.  And you know what, there is something to be said for the pleasure that one can derive from applying a 'pretty' product.  The swirls of pink, champagne and latte beige are so darn pleasing!

6)  Estee Lauder Doublewear Light Foundation Spf 10


Estee Lauder Double Wear Light $50
I love trying new foundations!  Lancôme's Tient Vissionnaire, YSL's Touche Éclat Illiminating Foundation, Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - All great products - but many years ago I used Estee Lauders Double Wear Foundation and I find that I keep coming back to it!  It is a long lasting (15 hours is the marketed figure) oil controlling formula that provides medium coverage, but which is also easily buildable!

7)  Clinique Light Reflective Airbrush Concealer

Clinique Airbrush Concealer $40
Again, I have enjoyed using this product for many years and use it on a daily basis.  It is great for concealing shadows but also illuminating the eye area as well as any other shadow prone areas of the face.  I will generally use this product under my eyes (just where it is needed), the sides of my mouth, down the bridge of my nose and between my eyes.  The coverage is adequate for my purposes, but I find that if I think I am going to be photographed much on a night out or I am requiring a heavier coverage I will use my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage!

8)  Loreal Lip Gloss

Loreal Shine Caresse Lolita
This really affordable lip gloss is my new go to natural lip colour!  It is part of Loreal's Shine Caresse range which offers some great colours of lip gloss, but the great innovation behind this product is that due to the high water content in the gloss (30%) mixed with moisturising oils, it just feels so nourishing when you apply it.  The great thing is that the high colour pigment in the gloss creates a subtle and very flattering staining effect on the lips. 

9) Chanel Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner pencils


Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Pencil in Beryl
I believe, dear readers, that this product is no longer available! (sob)...I love this product and the colour is fabulous.  The subtle lavender is a great substitute for those mornings where, I've been up a lot the night before (thank you Miss G) and I need to trick people into thinking that my eyes are not as red as they actually are.  The trick is to line your waterline with said colour, I have also been using a nude pencil, but as I say, the lavender is so pretty and achieves the same effect.  Any suggestions for alternatives in a similar colour would be greatly appreciated!

10)  Mecca SPF

Mecca To Save Face SPF 30 $38
Do you all remember that song 'Everybody's Free' - you know the part where the guy is imparting all this great life advice -

 'Ladies and gentlemen of the class of '99...Wear sunscreen! 
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.  The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists...'

Well this is my advice to you!  If you want to do anything to have more youthful looking skin, and I don't care if you are 18 or 80...wear Sunscreen!  In the summer here in Oz, I will wear a SPF 50 every day!  My problem has been that I can never find a sunscreen that isn't too greasy or leave that white mask on my face after application, and is at least SPF 30.  Well, ladies and gents - Mecca Cosmetica has listened to my (and thousands of other aussies everywhere) and launched their own formula SPF.  And it is fabulous!  Not only does their To Save Face have a SPF of 30 (tick), providing broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays, it has a hydrating matte finish cream - non oily (tick), it contains hyaluronic acid, pomegranate extract and vitamin E in a non-whitening formula (tick, tick tick!!)  No wonder this product has been a #1 bestseller since it's launch and I believe is now being marketed overseas! High five Mecca!

At this point I would like to make a special mention to Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara (mwah) and Bobbi Brown BB Cream!  They also hold a special place in my heart!

Well that's it!  My 10 ultimate beauty must haves!  Remember to drop me a line with any recommendations or feedback - I love to hear from you all!  I hope you enjoyed reading and until next time...

Crystelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment