Wednesday 1 April 2015

A few of my favourite things!

A few of my favourite things...

Oh there are so many.  So I was going to do a general 'favourite things' post - but as I calculated all these pertinent 'things' in my mind I very quickly came to the realisation that this may be ambitious and, well, a little lengthy!  So then I thought - a run down of my favourite makeup & beauty products would be more concise..nope still teetering on 'protracted' comparative to the Complete Works of Shakespeare (incidentally, one of my favourite reads as an angsty teen).  So I have for you - a list of my favourite Masks/Serums/Treatments...for now!

1.  Eve Lom Cleansing Balm





This product is, the epitome of luxury.  It was definitely a splurge buy but I have not had a moments regret.  It is a cleansing balm and utilises deliciously aromatic plant oils, the smell of which, will instantly make me feel as though I am sitting in a decadent day spa somewhere fabulous!  It has this fantastic, ever so subtle grainy texture, but by it's balmy nature allows you to massage it on, which is great for decongestion and drainage of lymph build up.  It also comes with a muslin cloth which really compliments the exfoliation and cleansing.  You can obviously use it on a daily basis, but I tend to use mine on nights when I have the time to give myself a bit of a facial.  I put on my favourite tv show of the moment..err Game of Thrones is back on the 12th April (yay)...and I give myself a really long 20-30 minute facial massage.  It is divine and my skin always looks amazing the next day.

2.  Dermalogica Multivitamin Recovery Masque


This mask is, as the name suggests, like taking a high dose of multivitamins for the skin!  It is full of vitamens A, C & E and great for skin repair and replenishing.  I really feel like my skin feels smoother and plumper after using this mask and I generally feel a whole lot more refreshed.

3.  Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant


So, as you can tell, I am a bit of a Dermalogica fan.  Prior to discovering this product I used your typical abrasive exfoliants - the scratchier, the better - oh how I wish I could rewind back the clock and give the back of my hand a slap!  So there are two types of exfoliation that one could utilise to aid with the sloughing off of the dead skin cells on our face.  Physical or chemical.  This wonderful Dermalogica product works through chemical exfoliation, which for me, personally, is much better.  My skin type is prone to irriation and I found that using physical exfoliators were making me prone to break outs and redness.  The Gentle Cream Exfoliant utilises Lactic Acid and Hydroxy Acid to assist with 'washing' away the dead skin cells, thereby enhancing skin cell turnover and creating a glowing and smoother complexion (for me) after just one use.  I will always use this product if I have a special night out planned and find it brightens my whole face and evens my skin tone!  Any areas of dryness vanish.  And also is good to point out that by regularly exfoliating your skin, it allows my other type of favourite skin product - Serums - to work more effectively.

4.  Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask.


I am a very new user of this product but it definitely does what it 'says on the tin'!  This is another luxury item, but the somewhat pricier cash bracket will indeed give you 'Instant Youth - smoothing, plumping, brightening'.  Sigh - if only for a short time!  When I first used this product, as recommended to me by one of the beauty editors for Marie Claire, who very fortuitously happened to be a house guest for a couple of weeks, I was amazed at how immediate the results were.  I was also very pleased to note that even the next day my skin was dewy, plump and healthy looking.  Yay for Sisley.

5.  Decleor - 3 Minute Radiance Mask


This is a great mask if you are short on time.  I find that I can put this mask on in the morning, brush my teeth, get brekkie ready for my little one, and then wash off and continue with my morning make up routine.  It is very easy to apply, has a lovely citrus-y scent which really is revitalising in the mornings and definitely very radiance enhancing.

So I do have other products I was going to write about - Serums etc, but I think this might be a two parter.  So, until next time - I hope that some of you found this helpful and inspiring.

Are there any other masks that you readers (okay I am assuming that this blog has readers - bit of a long shot but I am going to go with it) ;)  have used that you can recommend to me?

I would love to hear any thoughts and opinions!

Crystelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment