Wednesday 22 July 2015

And the 'Eyes' have it...Top 5 Eye cream countdown...

Well it finally happened - the last of my Clinique Laserwear Eye cream tub was scraped clean the other night and I was left pondering the possibility of exploring new 'waters' (as it were).  Now my skin care routine is often very changeable and this is because the somewhat distressing truth about being fascinated with the beauty industry is the simple fact that it is very dynamic.  No sooner have I fallen in love with one 'miracle' innovation then another one is thrust into the spotlight - the wiley beauty industry is clever that way - hence loyalty in skin care is a very difficult thing to obtain and maintain.  But... my eye care routine has pretty much been the same for about 3 or 4 years and that is been devotedly in the arms of the above mentioned Clinique.  But as my belated tub was drawing to a close, I was feeling the stirrings of curiosity and shall we say; I felt I needed to break free, explore my independance and see if there was in fact an alternative product better suited to my 'needs'.  And so I present .... the short list....

5.  Burts Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream $39.49

Burts Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream $39.49

I quite like the Burt's Bees range - it is often very affordable, dermatologist tested and non comedogenic which means it's formulated in such a way so as not to block the pores of your skin.  And what does this eye cream profess to do - well firstly, it's intensely hydrating.  The clue is in the name on that one.  It will aid in diminishing fine lines and wrinkles and not only that it uses probiotic technology to do it.  Just as we need probiotics to keep our digestive systems ticking along nicely, so too does our skin need a certain supply of healthy bacteria which is responsible for maintaining the acidity on our dermal surface.  

4.  Ren Keep Young and Beautiful Anti-Aging Eye Cream $54.49

Ren Keep Young and Beautiful Eye Cream $54.49
This is a firming and replenishing eye cream which has some key ingredients.  Hexapeptide 11 for lifting and firming.  Hydroxyproline for plumping.  Ceramide for reinforcing the skins surface.  To name but a few...Like all Ren's products this eye cream is very natural, free from a variety of nasties like, parabens, sulphates, mineral oils...


3.  Dr Hauschka Regenerating Eye Cream $96.99

Dr Hauschka Regenerating Eye Cream $96.99


This one is definitely on the pricier end of the spectrum but I included it because I have only ever heard good things about this brand.  This cream is Ophthalmologically tested.  It contains a heap of a natural goodies - up to 9 plant oils which as well as obviously moisturising the eye area, aids in reducing those annoying fine lines and wrinkles, all whilst absorbing super quickly.

2.  Aromatherapy Associates Anti-Aging Rich Repair Eye Cream

Aromatherapy Associates Anti Aging Rich Repair Eye Cream $96.99
This particular one (also pricey I know, sorry) piqued my interest because it kept popping up on various beauty buy websites, and not only was it popping up as a product to try but because it was consistently a 'best seller'.  It has an intensive anti aging formula which nourishes, moisturises and optimises skin cell health.  And I have to admit with an ingredient list consisting of rose, frankincense, evening primrose, arctic strawberry (what is this arctic strawberry?) to name a few, I am certainly intrigued.  A quick scan of reviews reveals that people are saying the same thing - 'it actually works!'  And then they buy some more...this was a very tempting choice for me, but I do still stand by my end choice - and that is...

1.  Sunday Riley Start Over Active Eye Cream or as I like to call it 'It really does'.

Sunday Riley Start Over Active Eye Cream $115

  

Sunday Riley is a fabulous skin care brand and whilst it is expensive, you do get good value for money.  You actually receive double the standard amount of product you would normally get, so actually this is very comparable to the cost of my aforementioned Clinique (she types desperately - in an attempt to convince dear husband that this is actually a frugal decision on her behalf), in fact I have probably saved money (ahem).

 This is a nourishing eye cream that really does de puff and plump the fine lines around my eyes - the skin appears firmer and brighter...it really does.  Ingredients include Vitamin C Ester - a photostable antioxidant formulation responsible for the brightening, Lutein to aid in the prevention of UV damage (but you should still always wear a sunscreen 30 Spf at least), liquorice, algae and another antioxidant called astaxanthin all play a part in this so far, very impressive product.  Reading reviews there have been complaints about the pump not being very effective if you are near the end of the bottle resulting in some scraping and some reviewers had a 'stinging' reaction after application.  For this reason I did get a sample from my local MEcca store to try it out before I forked out the money which is a worthwhile thing to do if you are investing (it's an investment dear husband, an investment) in any skin care product.

Hope you enjoyed reading and until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment