Thursday 30 April 2015

Beauty products I lust after... (just in time for mothers day!)


There are so many fabulous skin care products out there that I covet and oh, if I could have them all, how truly blessed I would feel.  But that's what Wish Lists are about - and readers do not despair on my behalf, there is hope, the aussie Mothers Day is coming up and if my husband does indeed read my blog as he so solemnly declares, well ... (wink wink)

Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial


Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial $89.70



The Sarah Chapman Brand name has popped up on my radar a couple of times and by all accounts this award winning Night elixir is working miracles on the complexions of women everywhere!  And it certainly boasts an impressive cocktail of ingredients including, an array of antioxidants, vitamins, flower extracts, seed oils and Renovage - an anti aging formula clinically proven to combat the signs of aging; including fine lines, wrinkes, reducing pore size and sunspots.  Mix this with the essential oil blends of jasmine, frangipani and rose and this serum is touted to be heaven in a bottle.

Creme De La Mer


Creme de la mer Anti Aging Moisturiser $220
 I think my fascination with this product rests primarily on the amount of money one has to part ways with in order to experience it's miraculous anti aging effects.  $220 for 30 mls brings tears to my eyes and makes me break out in a cold sweat.  For that much money you would want to be pretty sure that it does what it says on the tin...which is...well - when you read the blurb there is a lot of talk about being 'born from the sea' and the skin looking virtually 'ageless'; they even throw in a line about it's 'profound powers of transformation'.  And even when you cut out all the flowery language it seems the key ingredient that one is left with is some kind of 'nutrient rich Miracle Broth' - the science behind how this product works is still somewhat undefined, but does it work?  Apparently so - reviews I checked out on multiple sites rate this product as 5/5 and gives recommendations so glowing I had to take a step back from my computer.  If only some kind hearted employee of La Mer could find it in the cockles of their hearts to gift me a jar of this, their best selling cream and allow me to give it a road test and put the readers mind to rest that - yes, if you spend an exorbitant amount of money, you will get the results you are looking for...(La Mer...you can find my contact details in the header..ahem)

Caudalie



Caudalie Radiance Serum $79
Another product that has been on my wishlist for a while is this oil free serum whose formula includes a highly concentrated natural compound found in vine sap (oooh), known to brighten and lighten dark spots and scars, evening out skin complexion.  This compound was patented by Caudalie and named Viniferine; and is said to work wonders!  Users report perceivable brightening after a single use and those who still suffer from the odd break out anecdotedly report a definite reduction in their acne.

And another Caudalie bestseller is their Beauty Elixir...

Caudalie Beauty Elixir $22.49
For the very reasonable sum of $22.49 (?) from online beauty store Bath & Unwind you can be the youthful appearing owner of this 'elixir of youth'.  You apply this one between your foundation and your powder application, and it will tighten pores and brighten your features whilst setting your makeup.  It does sound to me like a rather fancy sounding hydrating mist spray - but with grape, rose and orange blossom extracts on board, with some essential oil of rosemary (mmm divine) - I am finding it hard to stop myself going out and buying this one right this second!

Sunday Riley

It is not uncommon on a late night Thursday shopping evening to find myself absentmindedly wandering through my local Mecca (amazing beauty and skincare) store - a squirt of some cream here - a splash of some colour there - my fingers trail lingeringly over the array of bottles and powders and glosses...and I always find myself in front of Sunday Riley.

Now Sunday Riley, the founder of the same name brand, entered the cosmetics industry after working in a laboratory which formulated skin care and makeup products.  She spotted a market gap for 'scientifically advance, high performance formulas' which also utilise 'pure, potent botanicals and cleaner chemistry techniques'...isn't this what we all want?  And so her brand was born..and has since become very successful.  In particular I have my eyes on this one..

Sunday Riley Good Genes $125
This is a corrective facial treatment and contains high grade lactic acid (yay for exfoliation), Lemongrass and Arnica to boost circulation and Liquorice which has natural skin brightening effects.  And yes this is another product that the users rave about (which is why I want it!)...Apparently the scent is little be desired, but if it works..it works!

And finally...

Guinot Anti-fatigue eye gel

Guinot Anti Fatigue Eye gel
This is a recent addition to my 'lust after' list and just in time, as my Clinique laser wear eye cream is conveniently just about to run out...I really love eye gels and if am feeling particularly puffy a good trick I use is to pop my gel in the fridge for 20 minutes prior to application and it feels oh-so-soothing!  Now my 3 year old, who was a near perfect slumber-er in the first 2 years of her life, has in the last year, developed a pattern of waking up anywhere between 2 - 4 times a night - sometimes she will be re-settled quickly and easily and other times there are tears.  A lot.  Hers and mine.  And so an Anti - Fatigue eye gel sounds fabulous..if only there was an anti fatigue face mask!..oh there is http://www.guinot.com.au/skin-care/masks/item/anti-fatigue-face-mask 

Anyhoo, I digress.. This gel will protect, it will moisturise, it will reduce the appearance of dark shadows and puffiness... at least that's what the reviewers say - and one very reliable recommendation came from my lovely sister in law!  Thanks V!

So...there you have it - a short list of some of my most desired beauty-licious products!  

Thanks for reading and any other recommendations please do share!

Crystelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment